Phantasy Calradia - 2024 reboot

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the heads up :smile:, will get back if I notice something else.

EDIT: Ok, something is up. The debug shows that the Blazing Hand squires are casting A. Quick, and for some reason it makes me and the rest of the troops unable to move, I had to cast dispel to get rid of the effect, and that made the infantry to run like crazy, but not me, which is odd.

EDIT of EDIT: Apparently decreasing the cheat level doesnt revert the Debug log back to normal.
That's what I get for posting 2 minutes before I had to leave.
It's Easter day here so I am up early planting Easter eggs I suppose.

Player Haste had a mistake from yesterday, found an old one also at NPC Dispel Magic which must have been there for years.
Found a comment where the base movement speed should have been copied at Aura of quickness for paladins in yesterday's update, fixed. Thanks for that. Updated the cheat level to allow zero, again.

ZakPhoenix: " post in the description (for) the old Phantasy 2018 mod that you've lost the credentials to update that version"
I have credentials there, now. I lack them HERE to unlock threads and sticky topics. I was over the top here years ago and not a nice moderator. I haven't tried at Moddb, I don't know if I can recover my credentials there yet.

I'll put a revised v160_A3b here shortly (I prefer A4 to be Friday's release at Nexus mods)
(removed to conserve space)

Last edited:
The drow smuggler at Four Ways Inn might be worth looking into: bought a returning dagger for 8500 but got instead a Vorpal Sword, which I think goes for 20k

My own testing found:
One of the recent patches broke caravan recruiting. I have it fixed on my side but give me a day or three to get more things into the patch.
Along the way I added help text at "reports: reference materials: view trade routes" (which is only seen at cheat mode 1+, BECAUSE when you click it it looks like it did nothing until you click Notes: Recent messages at which point you see it dumped a full window of information. I wanted this to confirm that there really WERE trade routes.

I blew most of today trying to be able to attack while within presentation "battle"; this is exactly my experience with it years ago. For the moment, it is winning - you can give orders and see the stats and minimap but not fight, or you can close the presentation with backspace and fight as before. Opening either spell book/prayer book is also possible, closing the presentation immediately.

Cleaned up some text at menus that displayed useless / wrong info, random town names and such, after any type of gathering.
Added a second Epidemic recovery check to try to limit the "stuck in town" issue after treating some but not all epidemics.

The drow smuggler at Four Ways Inn might be worth looking into: bought a returning dagger for 8500 but got instead a Vorpal Sword, which I think goes for 20k
Just redid the entire section. The second part of the dialogs pointed to the wrong items. Some items I made cheaper and some descriptions adjusted to match current behavior (various bags of holding). I ended up adding a worksheet to my programmer's guide with the current items, dialog name, price quoted in description, and where necessary correct item name(s). Thanks for the tip.
The garrison at my town loses troops, but there is no notification about it, is the Maximum Garrison Size per Prosperity level in the mod?
script_party_get_ideal_size for both players and NPCs
[
walled center bonus
For a castle = 160
For a town = 380
+
[bonuses coming from the center owner] =
dplmc_castle_party_bonus = 20 [per castle owned by that leader] +
leadership 5/lvl
cha 3* lvl
renown 1 per 25
]
clamped by Kingdom policy which will adjust total by between -12% to +12%.
So there IS a limit, depending on the policies set by the kingdom, the player/NPC's own renown/skills, the walled center type, and how many OTHER castles they own, and not shown whether that player/NPC is currently marshal (+20) or king (+100).

If a town has no owner assigned then just the base 380 and a clipping value set by faction policy apply. The assigned owner matters.

edit: Thinking about it, Town recruiting Caravan does not check ideal party size and just dumps recruits into the garrison.
Griselda with renown 2125 and owning Darquba has a 605 person garrison as a Blazing Hand subject; party size cap for her is 272.

But your patch does not have town kingdom caravan recruiting because I had garbled a line earlier. I'll have a fresh v160_A4_Full later today.
I want to test a bit more and then will edit two of my tutorials and convert to pdf before I make the archive file, so I expect about 5 more hours.

second edit: so when I pull troops from the town garrison, my maximum party size for that town garrison shrinks. It is now 547 after pulling 70 or so raw recruits and disbanding them. This gives me incentive to remove the lowest tier troops to either train with my party in the field or discard (they can go back home, wherever that was), so that the garrison is leaner but tending towards higher tiers on average. Maybe they eat less :>

Last edited:
full Phantasy_v160 a4 here:
do look at the files in subfolder "Player_Handbook" for full update log and a 4-part walkthrough on how to use / understand the mod.
part I has a "how to install the mod" as a preface. Includes full source, by the way, but write me before using in any other mod/submod.
"It's complicated".

combined Patch log v160 series A1 through A4:
Patch log, v160
A1 Apr.26.24

1) adjusted / corrected costs on cleric spells to match text displayed at prayer_book: (presentations 1399:cool:
there was a mismatch between cost displayed at prsnt_prayer_book and what was actually spent as from faith points
paladin aura divine might 15
paladin aura of quickness 25
dispel magic 25
protection from fire 30
protection from cold 30

added documentation of cleric spells, deities, and Guspav's plans for each deity

2)a) corrected data layout documentation errors at file "Slots_Phantasy_v160ax.xlsx" to now exactly match
the current definitions at the source. This helps identify conflicts from source code add-ins.
b) minor changes to agents layout to avoid FormAI (Formations AI) from clashing with Magic system
c) added comments at module_constants and at documentation for clarity.

3) removed a second unarmed damage effect added in from Tournament Play Enhancements at mission_templates line 50
need to test unarmed combat still works

4) added check for open inventory space when trying to buy ingredients at Rigale guilds

5) added above check for empty space in inventory to dialogs at the four ways inn merchant for enchanted items

6) asses market prices is working once more

7) Crafting recipes:
some changes to recipe difficulties, components, and what gets made for balance purposes.
Leatherworker: Leather Greaves, Elven Ambush Armor, Cuir Boilli, Lesser Drow Mage Robe, Lesser Drow Mage Hood,
Rus Lamellar (replaces Heraldic Cuirboilli), Sarranid leather armor, Leather Gloves, Armored Warg, Steppe Charger.

Woodworker: removed flintlock pistol. Updated difficulty for short bow, long bow, ambush bow

Smithing: Chain Links, Sheet Metal, Mail Boots, Sarranid Mail Boots, Sarranid Veiled Helmet,
Mail Shirt is now long mail coat, Mamluke Mail, Heraldic Mail with Tunic,
Flintlock Pistol,, Lamellar Charger, Sarranian War Horse.
Elven Mail elven_mail_b body 45 legs 15 weight 12 diff 6 diff 18 uses mithril + iron chains + silk
The exact recipes are documented as a crafting excel sheet; also the programmer's reference spreadsheet has a copy as well.

[8] Investigate Mage/Cleric becoming Cleric/Cleric after selecting deity. [not done]
Cleric/Mage works correctly.

9) Talk to Lord: rescue hostage was bugged with a debt of -1 becoming interpreted as a debt of > 132K.
Debt of -1 now gets set to 0, avoiding requests for over-payment from the original asking lord.

10) Preserve food: now handles large quantities when turning grapes to raisins or fruit to dried fruit in order to process harvest results more quickly.
Harvesting for example 15 items of grapes will (assuming inventory space kept all of the grapes harvested) become an attempt to make 7 raisins and leave 1 raw grape remaining.
Total time is slightly less as well.

11) Sea Traders v158a2 fix
dialogs should work with both land based traders and sea traders now.

12) beached player ships are now handled with better finesse -
no longer will you see several beached player ships scattered inactive across the map.
"Signal your ship to take you to sea" and embarking on a beached ship will both cleanly remove the beached ship icon from shore,
wherever it was on the map.

13) town recruiting - caravan mixed party showed wrong estimated cost; this is fixed.
recruiting half as many now costs half as much, as expected.

14) town improvements incorrect choices.
Town management @ town has messenger post but talking to chancellor does not show that as a choice.
The start and stop selections for town improvements were not defined correctly at v158.
Currently a town or castle can have a messenger post and prisoner tower as upgrades.

15) reduce renown by 0.5% each week S_T_79 is now 0.4% each week

15) Fighter specialty selection was blocked for secondary Fighter class.
Secondary Fighter class may now select a specialization, as originally intended.

16) a) re-enabled orc raiders @ S_T_111 ln 6333
b) slight increase in shadows chance at S_T_129 (raise dead enemies as undead); this should help player Necromancers

17a) optimized S_T_127 enchanted items worn boosting stats check to skip 600 troop types to save bandwidth
17b) quivers of plenty / bolt case of plenty /javelin bags of plenty no longer require keeping at least 1 ammo in the bag they refill even if they were emptied earlier

18 ) check if mount died at animal_rider_death before giving the rider damage, in case was only wounded
This changes handling for bears and wolves.

19) Gnomish inventions {repeating crossbow, blast jars, multi-pulley bow, spring mounted shield, foot glue}
Triggers 36-40 ln 1989 checked skill of Berembert ONLY when determining success chance
Now uses better of Berember 'trp_npc31" or Ninnock "trp_npc32". inventing skill, with the assumption skill increases implicitly only occur(ed) if hired by player.

however dialogs at module_dialogs line 4291 still points to Berembert only; <--- these need duplicating for Ninnock TBD

20) dialogs ln 3533 four ways inn enchantment merchant
20a) item 20 boots of agi no price is assigned for checkout ln 3533 fixed
20b) added check for at least 1 inventory space open before taking money at checkout for all items.
20c) added warning for twilight armor to be sure there is inventory space for 4 items before buying.
20d) dawn gem, azure gem, and royal gem no longer needed as they were used for adding necro & lichdom. and had wrong price
Instead should substitute a scroll of flame arrow for one of these.

20e) corrected an error after checkout where vampiric blade gave the wrong item.
boots of agi, thinking cap, headband of charisma, sun blade, vorpal sword, mace of disruption, maul of the titans,
dagger of throwing, holy avenger, quiver of plenty, bolt case of plenty, javelin bag of plenty, flame tongue,
scimitar of speed, dawn gem, azure gem, royal gem
were ALL giving the wrong item.

20f) substituted scroll of flame arrow for dawn gem; priced at 2500.
20g) reduced the price drastically for azure and royal gems now that the become a necromancer quest is removed.
20h) necromancer staff had wrong price and wrong index assigned; corrected, should now be able to purchase.
20i) for the moment adds necromancy skill 2 during checks to see if undead have broken from control.
may later boost necromancy skill at menu necromancy.. <--- Done

20j) item 40 elven_tiara corrected error blocking purchase.
20k) marked each item in the list of checkouts to find prices and corrected some misidentifications at each ply for dialog progression.

21) "farewell my lady. I shall remain your most ardent admirer" dialogs ln 32745
spoken by female lord to female character; now spoken only by male lord to female player

22) scripts: adjust party strength calculations for AI checks of party strength. This was done in some places and
checked that it will be active in all cases when performing autocalc. The intent was to be certain sieges and encounters
where the player is absent will buff mage and cleric weighting when determining how difficult a target a given party is.
Mages are 2x nominal weight and clerics/paladins 5/3 nominal weight.
Currently NPC battles have no resurrection stage; only player battles have this.
NPC battles also have no auto-necromancer conversion of some of the dead count to lesser undead shortly after battle.

23) Padubast ("trp_npc33") talks about the obsidian spire when outside Veluca
module_scripts ln 44939 was "p_town_3" now "p_necromancers_castle" script_initialize_npcs
the actual string he says is at module_strings line 1712
also adjusted Berembert and Ninnock starting towns to point to Dwarven Kingdom instead of Veluca.
FIXED for new games

24)a) filter resurrected troops to block alignment clash at player party <-- Probably the best feature of this patch :0
If a resurrected hero would have caused a clash within your party due to other troops already there having a morale clash,
that hero is not added to your party. This saves having to check your party contents after battle.

25) added check at S_T_133 to also block companions with necromancer skill > 0 from slipping through morale clash
In theory, companions cannot have necromancy skill anyway.

26) cost for a companion to learn cleric skill is lowered from 15000 to 8000.
Clarified the companion's holy symbol needs to be in the party inventory (and will be removed once cleric training is paid for.)
reminder a companion can learn cleric OR mage but not both.

27a) DOCUMENTATION
necromancer selection at character start sets: <-- cataloging here since it was unclear at NexusMods and generated perhaps 40 angry posts and 10 "bug" reports
necromancy skill = 7
intelligence +2
surgery +2
ironflesh +2
wound treatment +1

faction necromancers OR primary class Necromancer gives undead Male skin
gender is male; this because "female" undead are actually just a different type of undead (skeletons).

the "lesser lich" adds these at start:
Str +3
Cha -5
Int +4
Agi -3
alignment is set to Evil
player slots set for troop_is_mummy, troop_is_undead, troop_is_necromancer;
"$plyr_is_lich" = 1

necromancers starting as kings start with a few golems and dark mages in their party.
when cleric is second class for a necromancer, the good and neutral deities are removed from choices.

lichdom @# action menu: (looks to be a stub not called anywhere)
contingent on collecting all of these:
An Azure Gem, A Royal Gem, A Dawn Gem, A Mithril Ingot, A Scroll of Vampiric Bolt and a 50000 denars

shadows: necromancer needs ge 40 hp to see create shadows as an option.
also there is a timer set from the last time the necromancer player has used the "use necromancy" menu to create undead.
necromancy skill needs to be 7 or greater, to filter dark mages (a necromancer-mage hybrid class) from spawning shadows.

27b) both summoning shadows and summoning specialized skeletons now calculate an "effective necromancy" being
[necromancy skill + (character level / 7)]

28a) boosted magic resist of Necromancers, Elves, Blazing hand, Orc Shamans, slightly for Ogres,
and a few Drow; also kings/queens, pretenders, and some lords; also all Demons/Balrogs are slightly boosted for magic resist.

b) Kingdom ladies starting attributes slightly boosted as below, which makes slightly better spouses as companions:
def_attrib = str_7 | agi_5 | int_4 | cha_4 <-- all troops get this unless otherwise specified
lady_attrib_1 = str_7 | agi_5 | int_5 | cha_6 # Human Kingdom Ladies
lady_attrib_2 = str_9 | agi_5 | int_5 | cha_5 # Orc Kingdom Ladies
lady_attrib_3 = str_6 | agi_5 | int_8 | cha_5 # Mage Kingdom Ladies
lady_attrib_4 = str_9 | agi_3 | int_8 | cha_3 # Undead Kingdom Ladies

This is live for new game starts
28c) plus a hotpatch v158 A any -> v160a1 will auto-update save games in progress started as v158 A series saves.

29a) cheat - find items used to end at normal_items_end as defined at module_constants.py
"$cheat_find_item_range_begin" was also defined. Actually the cheat items was meant to assist in adding new items
to see if textures and meshes were defined correctly, not as a 'shop from the empty desert by internet' feature.
You may now buy food, drink, and crafting materials by the items cheat, and a few mounts, and that's it.

29b) CHEAT MENU AT CAMP - "change Phantasy 2018 settings" --> done now references Phantasy 2024

30) if you somehow invite the kidnapped girl into the player party after the bandits are paid their ransom, you can't remove her.
She also will not complete the quest unless she is her own original party following you around like cattle. (cattle by the way do follow correctly in v158/v160)
trig_26 updated repeat interval of trigger
added a failsafe fix in case the player party has her as a member so that she is removed upon entering any town AND the quest is closed (but as failed)

31) slightly reduced based damage for magic missile, from 25 to 19, at module_items.py
This because at high throwing skill the caster will headshot very often, dealing 50+ points damage per missile, taking down golems quickly.
The missile velocity is still high so these are difficult to dodge, besides having so many per throw for higher casters.

32) villages and castles receive no income in budget report, and no added income weekly. FIXED

33) Entertainment skill means nothing if not a bard class.
Now bard class gives an effective skill boost to entertainment, with non-Bard class players receiving a small debuff.
Bards have access to higher difficulties (which have higher rewards for pay and renown). Non bards are limited to "simple", "Complex" play plus speeches.
PARTY entertainment skill is considered during the success results check, which might overcome the (-1) effective entertainment skill debuff a non-Bard player has
Now you can turn your merry band into a revenue source, after getting entertainment to at least 1 and buying a musical instrument.
-
[34] check player lich aura for player necromancer --> yes, was already active @ v158a
There is no button to mash for this; it is done automatically (and silently).

Major Open issues at v160A1
A) Guspav's mod:
working but with annoying face generator for many races/skins IF using the assets for v160 but with Guspav module.ini
Use NexusMods guspav 2017 @ https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194 for a clean Guspav build.

B) Tournaments fail, and thus the enter tournament option is hidden behind a cheat menu at the moment.
Even if you got past this, tournaments spawn with no weapons.
"TPE error: invalid item type (normal weapon) is not detected"
Tournaments in new towns added after native did not have the correct definitions added to select weapons mix by default.

C) Stuck in town/castle/village, especially after treating epidemics
Select visit town center, village center, or visit castle so that you are now walking around within a scene.
press Esc to Save and Exit, then without needing to restart Warband just select "load save game" and you will be outside the town/castle/village.

D) Documentation mainly: there are warnings during compile, currently. They have been there for some time.
You're welcome to fix them and mail me if you wish :smile:
--------------------------------------------------
A2 May.02.24

1) Tournaments and TPE status:
Native tournaments are FULLY FUNCTIONAL and work well.
"TPE" tournaments are splinted to use weapons and hero selections from native,
but should allow TPE loot, kingdom ladies reaction boosts, and tournaments broadcast their status as part of TPE debug turned on.
It makes for a much easier time finding tournaments.
Specifically, TPE edit tournament design does nothing, since Native will supply weapons and gear.
The options to even access "TPE tournament options" are hidden behind cheat menu wall to filter complaints.

2) Minimap test -- this was already functional, but under-documented.
Press backspace during battle to access clickable orders and minimap.
However prsnt_battle, which is what you are seeing at that point, did not understand prayer book or spell book open requests (N or B)
It ALSO does not let you attack normally, throw spells, javelins, darts and so on, or shoot crossbows, bows, or firearms.
You can toggle it off by pressing backspace again and now you are back to "normal" mode in a battle.

Added the ability to open prayer book or spell book by pressing N or B and stop the presentation battle (with its statistics and clickable orders displayed)
and immediately open your book and be ready to fight normally. By the way, pressing V while either book is open closes the book without having to select a spell/prayer.

3)a) Monthly reinforcements for lord parties continues for 9 months instead of 3 months now. (triggers 43)
b) Elite troops at capital now refreshes every 150 days (triggers 45)
c) Undead parties will try to convert their prisoners to lesser undead far more aggressively now (triggers 54)
73 instead of 167 hours

4a) simple bandit spawns are more frequent 25 hr timer instead of 73 (Simple_Triggers 75)
b) the decay in renown that used to occur weekly is now every 2 weeks (S_T 79)
c) Undead Army spawn now 33 hours instead of 52 (S_T 10:cool:
d) Death Knights 52 82 (S_T 109)
e) Crazy Mage 36 50 (S_T 110)
f) Orc Raiders 23 40 (S_T 111)
g) Hostile Elven War Parties 25 39 (S_T 112)
h) Greedy Dwarves 27 57 (S_T 114)
i) Hostile Drow Raiders 35 48 (S_T 115)
total party count for each of these is upped by about 20%. Good hunting (or maybe they hunt you?)

5) Swashbuckler Hat (one less hide and one less chain link, one more leatherwork in the crafting recipe)

6) handler for nightly racial clash within player party is tweaked to scale the morale hit according to the size of the offending group
Generally this should lower the penalty, capped the previous amount. (S_T 133)

7) prejudice checks at towns and castles needed to allow entry for owners and lieges / co-lieges regardless of the prejudice check score.
added a check for player as kingdom ruler or co-ruler here as well.

[mnu_castle line 9853 already set at v155B6 to let player into castle if player owns
looks like this one prejudice check applies at town as well]

8 ) slight damage boost to Harm prayer
Magic resist at the target can lower the damage the target agent receives, so some targets will still take little damage.
mission_templates ln 6938
-----------------------------
v160 A3 May.04.24

1) Issue: Agents slow down during battle and speed in lords hall is not consistent with speed in battle.
During the battle speeds seem to get less and less.

Cause: Bless and Curse should have changed effective strength and then recalculated encumbrance and set movement speed accordingly.
Haste and Slow needed to be aware of each other so to cross-cancel the effects if both would have been active at the same agent at the same time.
Aura of Might and Aura of Quickness also need to match their counterparts so that recovery from any of these effects is applied uniformly.

Fix: Bless & Curse (cleric effects) - now check to see if either is already active at the agent.
If not,
add/subtract effective strength 3 to the target agent, and encumbrance is recalculated, then movement adjusted
A check for any haste or slow active at that agent then applies haste/slow effect.

If either bless or curse is active and the opposite effect would have been applied,
the bless or curse is instead removed and the agent effective strength returns to normal, encumbrance re-evaluated,
movement changes applied, and next any haste/slow found to be active at that agent is applied.

If a bless or curse would have applied to an agent but the agent is already blessed or cursed, the timer is restarted so that the duration is reset to maximum (33 seconds)
The agent effective strength, encumbrance, and movement is not changed from how it already was.

Paladin Auras: Might and Quickness - cut and paste the changes for Bless and Haste, respectively.

Fix Haste & Slow (mage effects):
Haste and Slow now check if their opposite was already active at the target agent, and when so that opposite effect that was active is removed.

If Haste or Slow is to be re-applied while the agent is found to have that effect in progress already, the timer is reset to
freshen the duration, but skip recalculating movement changes. Movement changes apply also to the mount and to reloading speed.

Finally, the radius of effect is tweaked by the gear bonus (or malus) for (Head, body, leggings, gloves, staff)
The radius of effect is now 2*magic skill + [cumulative clothes eff magic bonus for all 4 slots AND staff if equipped]

Several magic spells have their damage or radius of effect modified by this cumulative clothes benefit, since at least v150,
but adding it here was to allow more troops in your battle to feel effects when your caster is correctly kitted. These apply to
both player and NPC casting.

bless radius 3 * faith
curse radius 2.5 * faith
does not apply (bless or curse) to golems, as they are specially tweaked for added strength at spawn

2) Added a dial to set "cheat level" from 0 (default OFF) up to 7.
The different cheat levels are intended to filter debug messages to focus on specific systems in the "recent messages" window.
Of special interest is level 5 which is the trace of spells during any battle. This also shows timed cleanups of lists.
Certain spells are not shown - magic missile for example.
-------------------
v160 A3b May.03.24 next day

1) Aura of Might and Aura of Quickness for paladins
These two needed corrections - the base movement was not copied over correctly the day before resulting in a freeze
of movement for impacted agents. Corrected.

2) edited the cheat level dial to allow 0 again.

3) Shortened the duration of poison from 33 seconds at 9 damage points/2.9 seconds down to 14.5 seconds
slot_agent_poison_strength not yet used but might be useful to have a stronger/weaker poison effect applied each 2.9 second tick
Impact is limited to spider bites for now, but was intended to prepare for poisoned pocket bolts.

-------------------
v160 A4 May.10.24

1) found and corrected an error at the check for confused/charmed player that would have been always true
(M_T ln 8729 charmed_keys_disabled)

Tried changing behavior for camera mode during the battle presentation without meaningful success.
It is what it is and has utility for watching the battle from a distance without trying to fight "normally".
I do believe this issue is with the 'camera" mode but am out of energy to wrestle with it for this time.

2) "I will fight the epidemic" at a town, castle, or village. If the epidemic resolves itself and you leave that inhabitation, your status as "fighting the epidemic" is silently ended.
This prevents a menu from displaying at the old village/town/etc when you have already left.

3) clean stray text at rigale gathering ongoing menus to remove extra names (mainly location names)
[menus for summaries while harvesting (fishing, mining, lumberjacking, hunting, gardening), crafting_result]

4) added text at reports: show trade routes to remind players to check "recent messages" for the output
(else it looks like nothing happened). This is hidden behind a cheat menu to filter complaints from players that
do not know where to look.
The 'no display" comes from the huge amount of text output at once; the output buffer overflows and nothing is seen.
The "recent messages" buffer is much larger, so text is still showing there. This is a useful tool to see what trade routes exist.

5) error in recipe "Elven Mail" at smithing; Mithril ingot was not recognized

6a) magic Missile and Flame arrow are tweaked to provide a greater portion of their damage as resistible magic effects instead of normal, non resistable damage.
The stronger the caster's magic skill, including a check of gear worn, the more damage..

6b) Unicorns are modified slightly and no longer damage themselves. They heal slightly better as well.
6c) Paladin Aura Bravery had wrong duration applied. The range is slightly increased as well.
Paladin Aura of Regeneration has improved range.
6d) Spider Mount - fixed an error that would have made the poison bite expire immediately.

7) Four ways inn enchantment merchant is fixed, again, but this time actually works as intended. Some prices are improved.
It became complicated enough I added a spreadsheet to the "programmer's guide" excel sheet in folder Player_Handbook

:cool: Poison pocket bolts is partially implemented; the crafting recipe is modified but the full effect is not yet live.
I will be online early tomorrow morning [Sunday May.12.24] to answer any queries then head out for the day.

Last edited:
I am incredibly happy to see this mod once again get some care and attention. It really is the best mage experience available for warband (in my opinion). The fact that you included a really well made guide to modding along with the source is icing on the cake!

I am incredibly happy to see this mod once again get some care and attention. It really is the best mage experience available for warband (in my opinion). The fact that you included a really well made guide to modding along with the source is icing on the cake!
You're welcome.

[not to you but a general statement]
I do come off as the nastiest person on forums but actually I just am all used up and dead tired. I am an "Aspie" so I take things wrong and come off as being either retarded socially or just plain obnoxious. Well, both are technically true. At least I share my treasure, even if I am gollum (I'd rather be considered "Sméagol").

I hope at least a few people tweak the mod and perhaps even one person learns to think like a programmer. Warband scripting isn't "real programming" but it does build thinking skills. It's a pity that half time I am the least competent on the block, but I try to overcome that by being stubborn and trying again. It's starting to get clean, at last.

It is my hope that eventually people find a sparkle in the mod that makes all the pain of the_next_bug a little less bothersome; just like the joy of having a baby is balanced by the burden of changing diapers. This mod still needs diapers, but for me it is worth playing, so I shared it. Some people forget I am one person, not a big team, and can't draw a stick figure for example (have not made a clean drawing in the last 55 years, gave up at age 8. ); and need to do everything 3 times to make it work once, from dyslexia and a bit of dementia. I am not superman. I don't "do" comics. But I think what little there is here is ... sparkling to someone. Glad you found it.

Last edited:
full Phantasy_v160 a4 here:
do look at the files in subfolder "Player_Handbook" for full update log and a 4-part walkthrough on how to use / understand the mod.
part I has a "how to install the mod" as a preface. Includes full source, by the way, but write me before using in any other mod/submod.
"It's complicated".

combined Patch log v160 series A1 through A4:
Patch log, v160
A1 Apr.26.24

1) adjusted / corrected costs on cleric spells to match text displayed at prayer_book: (presentations 1399:cool:
there was a mismatch between cost displayed at prsnt_prayer_book and what was actually spent as from faith points
paladin aura divine might 15
paladin aura of quickness 25
dispel magic 25
protection from fire 30
protection from cold 30

added documentation of cleric spells, deities, and Guspav's plans for each deity

2)a) corrected data layout documentation errors at file "Slots_Phantasy_v160ax.xlsx" to now exactly match
the current definitions at the source. This helps identify conflicts from source code add-ins.
b) minor changes to agents layout to avoid FormAI (Formations AI) from clashing with Magic system
c) added comments at module_constants and at documentation for clarity.

3) removed a second unarmed damage effect added in from Tournament Play Enhancements at mission_templates line 50
need to test unarmed combat still works

4) added check for open inventory space when trying to buy ingredients at Rigale guilds

5) added above check for empty space in inventory to dialogs at the four ways inn merchant for enchanted items

6) asses market prices is working once more

7) Crafting recipes:
some changes to recipe difficulties, components, and what gets made for balance purposes.
Leatherworker: Leather Greaves, Elven Ambush Armor, Cuir Boilli, Lesser Drow Mage Robe, Lesser Drow Mage Hood,
Rus Lamellar (replaces Heraldic Cuirboilli), Sarranid leather armor, Leather Gloves, Armored Warg, Steppe Charger.

Woodworker: removed flintlock pistol. Updated difficulty for short bow, long bow, ambush bow

Smithing: Chain Links, Sheet Metal, Mail Boots, Sarranid Mail Boots, Sarranid Veiled Helmet,
Mail Shirt is now long mail coat, Mamluke Mail, Heraldic Mail with Tunic,
Flintlock Pistol,, Lamellar Charger, Sarranian War Horse.
Elven Mail elven_mail_b body 45 legs 15 weight 12 diff 6 diff 18 uses mithril + iron chains + silk
The exact recipes are documented as a crafting excel sheet; also the programmer's reference spreadsheet has a copy as well.

[8] Investigate Mage/Cleric becoming Cleric/Cleric after selecting deity. [not done]
Cleric/Mage works correctly.

9) Talk to Lord: rescue hostage was bugged with a debt of -1 becoming interpreted as a debt of > 132K.
Debt of -1 now gets set to 0, avoiding requests for over-payment from the original asking lord.

10) Preserve food: now handles large quantities when turning grapes to raisins or fruit to dried fruit in order to process harvest results more quickly.
Harvesting for example 15 items of grapes will (assuming inventory space kept all of the grapes harvested) become an attempt to make 7 raisins and leave 1 raw grape remaining.
Total time is slightly less as well.

11) Sea Traders v158a2 fix
dialogs should work with both land based traders and sea traders now.

12) beached player ships are now handled with better finesse -
no longer will you see several beached player ships scattered inactive across the map.
"Signal your ship to take you to sea" and embarking on a beached ship will both cleanly remove the beached ship icon from shore,
wherever it was on the map.

13) town recruiting - caravan mixed party showed wrong estimated cost; this is fixed.
recruiting half as many now costs half as much, as expected.

14) town improvements incorrect choices.
Town management @ town has messenger post but talking to chancellor does not show that as a choice.
The start and stop selections for town improvements were not defined correctly at v158.
Currently a town or castle can have a messenger post and prisoner tower as upgrades.

15) reduce renown by 0.5% each week S_T_79 is now 0.4% each week

15) Fighter specialty selection was blocked for secondary Fighter class.
Secondary Fighter class may now select a specialization, as originally intended.

16) a) re-enabled orc raiders @ S_T_111 ln 6333
b) slight increase in shadows chance at S_T_129 (raise dead enemies as undead); this should help player Necromancers

17a) optimized S_T_127 enchanted items worn boosting stats check to skip 600 troop types to save bandwidth
17b) quivers of plenty / bolt case of plenty /javelin bags of plenty no longer require keeping at least 1 ammo in the bag they refill even if they were emptied earlier

18 ) check if mount died at animal_rider_death before giving the rider damage, in case was only wounded
This changes handling for bears and wolves.

19) Gnomish inventions {repeating crossbow, blast jars, multi-pulley bow, spring mounted shield, foot glue}
Triggers 36-40 ln 1989 checked skill of Berembert ONLY when determining success chance
Now uses better of Berember 'trp_npc31" or Ninnock "trp_npc32". inventing skill, with the assumption skill increases implicitly only occur(ed) if hired by player.

however dialogs at module_dialogs line 4291 still points to Berembert only; <--- these need duplicating for Ninnock TBD

20) dialogs ln 3533 four ways inn enchantment merchant
20a) item 20 boots of agi no price is assigned for checkout ln 3533 fixed
20b) added check for at least 1 inventory space open before taking money at checkout for all items.
20c) added warning for twilight armor to be sure there is inventory space for 4 items before buying.
20d) dawn gem, azure gem, and royal gem no longer needed as they were used for adding necro & lichdom. and had wrong price
Instead should substitute a scroll of flame arrow for one of these.

20e) corrected an error after checkout where vampiric blade gave the wrong item.
boots of agi, thinking cap, headband of charisma, sun blade, vorpal sword, mace of disruption, maul of the titans,
dagger of throwing, holy avenger, quiver of plenty, bolt case of plenty, javelin bag of plenty, flame tongue,
scimitar of speed, dawn gem, azure gem, royal gem
were ALL giving the wrong item.

20f) substituted scroll of flame arrow for dawn gem; priced at 2500.
20g) reduced the price drastically for azure and royal gems now that the become a necromancer quest is removed.
20h) necromancer staff had wrong price and wrong index assigned; corrected, should now be able to purchase.
20i) for the moment adds necromancy skill 2 during checks to see if undead have broken from control.
may later boost necromancy skill at menu necromancy.. <--- Done

20j) item 40 elven_tiara corrected error blocking purchase.
20k) marked each item in the list of checkouts to find prices and corrected some misidentifications at each ply for dialog progression.

21) "farewell my lady. I shall remain your most ardent admirer" dialogs ln 32745
spoken by female lord to female character; now spoken only by male lord to female player

22) scripts: adjust party strength calculations for AI checks of party strength. This was done in some places and
checked that it will be active in all cases when performing autocalc. The intent was to be certain sieges and encounters
where the player is absent will buff mage and cleric weighting when determining how difficult a target a given party is.
Mages are 2x nominal weight and clerics/paladins 5/3 nominal weight.
Currently NPC battles have no resurrection stage; only player battles have this.
NPC battles also have no auto-necromancer conversion of some of the dead count to lesser undead shortly after battle.

23) Padubast ("trp_npc33") talks about the obsidian spire when outside Veluca
module_scripts ln 44939 was "p_town_3" now "p_necromancers_castle" script_initialize_npcs
the actual string he says is at module_strings line 1712
also adjusted Berembert and Ninnock starting towns to point to Dwarven Kingdom instead of Veluca.
FIXED for new games

24)a) filter resurrected troops to block alignment clash at player party <-- Probably the best feature of this patch :0
If a resurrected hero would have caused a clash within your party due to other troops already there having a morale clash,
that hero is not added to your party. This saves having to check your party contents after battle.

25) added check at S_T_133 to also block companions with necromancer skill > 0 from slipping through morale clash
In theory, companions cannot have necromancy skill anyway.

26) cost for a companion to learn cleric skill is lowered from 15000 to 8000.
Clarified the companion's holy symbol needs to be in the party inventory (and will be removed once cleric training is paid for.)
reminder a companion can learn cleric OR mage but not both.

27a) DOCUMENTATION
necromancer selection at character start sets: <-- cataloging here since it was unclear at NexusMods and generated perhaps 40 angry posts and 10 "bug" reports
necromancy skill = 7
intelligence +2
surgery +2
ironflesh +2
wound treatment +1

faction necromancers OR primary class Necromancer gives undead Male skin
gender is male; this because "female" undead are actually just a different type of undead (skeletons).

the "lesser lich" adds these at start:
Str +3
Cha -5
Int +4
Agi -3
alignment is set to Evil
player slots set for troop_is_mummy, troop_is_undead, troop_is_necromancer;
"$plyr_is_lich" = 1

necromancers starting as kings start with a few golems and dark mages in their party.
when cleric is second class for a necromancer, the good and neutral deities are removed from choices.

lichdom @# action menu: (looks to be a stub not called anywhere)
contingent on collecting all of these:
An Azure Gem, A Royal Gem, A Dawn Gem, A Mithril Ingot, A Scroll of Vampiric Bolt and a 50000 denars

shadows: necromancer needs ge 40 hp to see create shadows as an option.
also there is a timer set from the last time the necromancer player has used the "use necromancy" menu to create undead.
necromancy skill needs to be 7 or greater, to filter dark mages (a necromancer-mage hybrid class) from spawning shadows.

27b) both summoning shadows and summoning specialized skeletons now calculate an "effective necromancy" being
[necromancy skill + (character level / 7)]

28a) boosted magic resist of Necromancers, Elves, Blazing hand, Orc Shamans, slightly for Ogres,
and a few Drow; also kings/queens, pretenders, and some lords; also all Demons/Balrogs are slightly boosted for magic resist.

b) Kingdom ladies starting attributes slightly boosted as below, which makes slightly better spouses as companions:
def_attrib = str_7 | agi_5 | int_4 | cha_4 <-- all troops get this unless otherwise specified
lady_attrib_1 = str_7 | agi_5 | int_5 | cha_6 # Human Kingdom Ladies
lady_attrib_2 = str_9 | agi_5 | int_5 | cha_5 # Orc Kingdom Ladies
lady_attrib_3 = str_6 | agi_5 | int_8 | cha_5 # Mage Kingdom Ladies
lady_attrib_4 = str_9 | agi_3 | int_8 | cha_3 # Undead Kingdom Ladies

This is live for new game starts
28c) plus a hotpatch v158 A any -> v160a1 will auto-update save games in progress started as v158 A series saves.

29a) cheat - find items used to end at normal_items_end as defined at module_constants.py
"$cheat_find_item_range_begin" was also defined. Actually the cheat items was meant to assist in adding new items
to see if textures and meshes were defined correctly, not as a 'shop from the empty desert by internet' feature.
You may now buy food, drink, and crafting materials by the items cheat, and a few mounts, and that's it.

29b) CHEAT MENU AT CAMP - "change Phantasy 2018 settings" --> done now references Phantasy 2024

30) if you somehow invite the kidnapped girl into the player party after the bandits are paid their ransom, you can't remove her.
She also will not complete the quest unless she is her own original party following you around like cattle. (cattle by the way do follow correctly in v158/v160)
trig_26 updated repeat interval of trigger
added a failsafe fix in case the player party has her as a member so that she is removed upon entering any town AND the quest is closed (but as failed)

31) slightly reduced based damage for magic missile, from 25 to 19, at module_items.py
This because at high throwing skill the caster will headshot very often, dealing 50+ points damage per missile, taking down golems quickly.
The missile velocity is still high so these are difficult to dodge, besides having so many per throw for higher casters.

32) villages and castles receive no income in budget report, and no added income weekly. FIXED

33) Entertainment skill means nothing if not a bard class.
Now bard class gives an effective skill boost to entertainment, with non-Bard class players receiving a small debuff.
Bards have access to higher difficulties (which have higher rewards for pay and renown). Non bards are limited to "simple", "Complex" play plus speeches.
PARTY entertainment skill is considered during the success results check, which might overcome the (-1) effective entertainment skill debuff a non-Bard player has
Now you can turn your merry band into a revenue source, after getting entertainment to at least 1 and buying a musical instrument.
-
[34] check player lich aura for player necromancer --> yes, was already active @ v158a
There is no button to mash for this; it is done automatically (and silently).

Major Open issues at v160A1
A) Guspav's mod:
working but with annoying face generator for many races/skins IF using the assets for v160 but with Guspav module.ini
Use NexusMods guspav 2017 @ https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194 for a clean Guspav build.

B) Tournaments fail, and thus the enter tournament option is hidden behind a cheat menu at the moment.
Even if you got past this, tournaments spawn with no weapons.
"TPE error: invalid item type (normal weapon) is not detected"
Tournaments in new towns added after native did not have the correct definitions added to select weapons mix by default.

C) Stuck in town/castle/village, especially after treating epidemics
Select visit town center, village center, or visit castle so that you are now walking around within a scene.
press Esc to Save and Exit, then without needing to restart Warband just select "load save game" and you will be outside the town/castle/village.

D) Documentation mainly: there are warnings during compile, currently. They have been there for some time.
You're welcome to fix them and mail me if you wish :smile:
--------------------------------------------------
A2 May.02.24

1) Tournaments and TPE status:
Native tournaments are FULLY FUNCTIONAL and work well.
"TPE" tournaments are splinted to use weapons and hero selections from native,
but should allow TPE loot, kingdom ladies reaction boosts, and tournaments broadcast their status as part of TPE debug turned on.
It makes for a much easier time finding tournaments.
Specifically, TPE edit tournament design does nothing, since Native will supply weapons and gear.
The options to even access "TPE tournament options" are hidden behind cheat menu wall to filter complaints.

2) Minimap test -- this was already functional, but under-documented.
Press backspace during battle to access clickable orders and minimap.
However prsnt_battle, which is what you are seeing at that point, did not understand prayer book or spell book open requests (N or B)
It ALSO does not let you attack normally, throw spells, javelins, darts and so on, or shoot crossbows, bows, or firearms.
You can toggle it off by pressing backspace again and now you are back to "normal" mode in a battle.

Added the ability to open prayer book or spell book by pressing N or B and stop the presentation battle (with its statistics and clickable orders displayed)
and immediately open your book and be ready to fight normally. By the way, pressing V while either book is open closes the book without having to select a spell/prayer.

3)a) Monthly reinforcements for lord parties continues for 9 months instead of 3 months now. (triggers 43)
b) Elite troops at capital now refreshes every 150 days (triggers 45)
c) Undead parties will try to convert their prisoners to lesser undead far more aggressively now (triggers 54)
73 instead of 167 hours

4a) simple bandit spawns are more frequent 25 hr timer instead of 73 (Simple_Triggers 75)
b) the decay in renown that used to occur weekly is now every 2 weeks (S_T 79)
c) Undead Army spawn now 33 hours instead of 52 (S_T 10:cool:
d) Death Knights 52 82 (S_T 109)
e) Crazy Mage 36 50 (S_T 110)
f) Orc Raiders 23 40 (S_T 111)
g) Hostile Elven War Parties 25 39 (S_T 112)
h) Greedy Dwarves 27 57 (S_T 114)
i) Hostile Drow Raiders 35 48 (S_T 115)
total party count for each of these is upped by about 20%. Good hunting (or maybe they hunt you?)

5) Swashbuckler Hat (one less hide and one less chain link, one more leatherwork in the crafting recipe)

6) handler for nightly racial clash within player party is tweaked to scale the morale hit according to the size of the offending group
Generally this should lower the penalty, capped the previous amount. (S_T 133)

7) prejudice checks at towns and castles needed to allow entry for owners and lieges / co-lieges regardless of the prejudice check score.
added a check for player as kingdom ruler or co-ruler here as well.

[mnu_castle line 9853 already set at v155B6 to let player into castle if player owns
looks like this one prejudice check applies at town as well]

8 ) slight damage boost to Harm prayer
Magic resist at the target can lower the damage the target agent receives, so some targets will still take little damage.
mission_templates ln 6938
-----------------------------
v160 A3 May.04.24

1) Issue: Agents slow down during battle and speed in lords hall is not consistent with speed in battle.
During the battle speeds seem to get less and less.

Cause: Bless and Curse should have changed effective strength and then recalculated encumbrance and set movement speed accordingly.
Haste and Slow needed to be aware of each other so to cross-cancel the effects if both would have been active at the same agent at the same time.
Aura of Might and Aura of Quickness also need to match their counterparts so that recovery from any of these effects is applied uniformly.

Fix: Bless & Curse (cleric effects) - now check to see if either is already active at the agent.
If not,
add/subtract effective strength 3 to the target agent, and encumbrance is recalculated, then movement adjusted
A check for any haste or slow active at that agent then applies haste/slow effect.

If either bless or curse is active and the opposite effect would have been applied,
the bless or curse is instead removed and the agent effective strength returns to normal, encumbrance re-evaluated,
movement changes applied, and next any haste/slow found to be active at that agent is applied.

If a bless or curse would have applied to an agent but the agent is already blessed or cursed, the timer is restarted so that the duration is reset to maximum (33 seconds)
The agent effective strength, encumbrance, and movement is not changed from how it already was.

Paladin Auras: Might and Quickness - cut and paste the changes for Bless and Haste, respectively.

Fix Haste & Slow (mage effects):
Haste and Slow now check if their opposite was already active at the target agent, and when so that opposite effect that was active is removed.

If Haste or Slow is to be re-applied while the agent is found to have that effect in progress already, the timer is reset to
freshen the duration, but skip recalculating movement changes. Movement changes apply also to the mount and to reloading speed.

Finally, the radius of effect is tweaked by the gear bonus (or malus) for (Head, body, leggings, gloves, staff)
The radius of effect is now 2*magic skill + [cumulative clothes eff magic bonus for all 4 slots AND staff if equipped]

Several magic spells have their damage or radius of effect modified by this cumulative clothes benefit, since at least v150,
but adding it here was to allow more troops in your battle to feel effects when your caster is correctly kitted. These apply to
both player and NPC casting.

bless radius 3 * faith
curse radius 2.5 * faith
does not apply (bless or curse) to golems, as they are specially tweaked for added strength at spawn

2) Added a dial to set "cheat level" from 0 (default OFF) up to 7.
The different cheat levels are intended to filter debug messages to focus on specific systems in the "recent messages" window.
Of special interest is level 5 which is the trace of spells during any battle. This also shows timed cleanups of lists.
Certain spells are not shown - magic missile for example.
-------------------
v160 A3b May.03.24 next day

1) Aura of Might and Aura of Quickness for paladins
These two needed corrections - the base movement was not copied over correctly the day before resulting in a freeze
of movement for impacted agents. Corrected.

2) edited the cheat level dial to allow 0 again.

3) Shortened the duration of poison from 33 seconds at 9 damage points/2.9 seconds down to 14.5 seconds
slot_agent_poison_strength not yet used but might be useful to have a stronger/weaker poison effect applied each 2.9 second tick
Impact is limited to spider bites for now, but was intended to prepare for poisoned pocket bolts.

-------------------
v160 A4 May.10.24

1) found and corrected an error at the check for confused/charmed player that would have been always true
(M_T ln 8729 charmed_keys_disabled)

Tried changing behavior for camera mode during the battle presentation without meaningful success.
It is what it is and has utility for watching the battle from a distance without trying to fight "normally".
I do believe this issue is with the 'camera" mode but am out of energy to wrestle with it for this time.

2) "I will fight the epidemic" at a town, castle, or village. If the epidemic resolves itself and you leave that inhabitation, your status as "fighting the epidemic" is silently ended.
This prevents a menu from displaying at the old village/town/etc when you have already left.

3) clean stray text at rigale gathering ongoing menus to remove extra names (mainly location names)
[menus for summaries while harvesting (fishing, mining, lumberjacking, hunting, gardening), crafting_result]

4) added text at reports: show trade routes to remind players to check "recent messages" for the output
(else it looks like nothing happened). This is hidden behind a cheat menu to filter complaints from players that
do not know where to look.
The 'no display" comes from the huge amount of text output at once; the output buffer overflows and nothing is seen.
The "recent messages" buffer is much larger, so text is still showing there. This is a useful tool to see what trade routes exist.

5) error in recipe "Elven Mail" at smithing; Mithril ingot was not recognized

6a) magic Missile and Flame arrow are tweaked to provide a greater portion of their damage as resistible magic effects instead of normal, non resistable damage.
The stronger the caster's magic skill, including a check of gear worn, the more damage..

6b) Unicorns are modified slightly and no longer damage themselves. They heal slightly better as well.
6c) Paladin Aura Bravery had wrong duration applied. The range is slightly increased as well.
Paladin Aura of Regeneration has improved range.
6d) Spider Mount - fixed an error that would have made the poison bite expire immediately.

7) Four ways inn enchantment merchant is fixed, again, but this time actually works as intended. Some prices are improved.
It became complicated enough I added a spreadsheet to the "programmer's guide" excel sheet in folder Player_Handbook

8 ) Poison pocket bolts is partially implemented; the crafting recipe is modified but the full effect is not yet live.
I will be online early tomorrow morning [Sunday May.12.24] to answer any queries then head out for the day.
v160 A4 r2 intended for Nexus Mods and Mod DB is released.
It has a restored martial arts completely redone, most of the compiler warnings are cleaned up, and important tweaks to magic system, among other things.

full download v160 A4 r2 is here:

patch v160 previous to v160 A4 r2:

incremental changelog v160 A4 to v160 A4 r2:
v160 A4 r2 May.17.24

1) Magic missile tweaked slightly.
Had overlooked some of the missiles produced were a different item type, now applied special magic damage damage to that item as well.
Better reporting for low level casters in order to monitor magic missile use for novice casters.
Magic point cost is increased to 5 from 3.

2a) slight increase to caster equipment buff for fireball, lightning bolt, ice storm
b) ice storm slight increase to damage and radius of effect.
Remember in sieges defenders will have overhead protection from falling ice if they are indoors; fireball is preferred against windowsill indoor archers.
Ice Storm should give acceptable damage outdoors.
c) white bolt magic point cost is reduced to 20; radius of effect is higher.
d) equipment worn buffs/debuffs for caster/non-caster [head, body, glove, leggings, staff] are applied consistently to
charm person, acid arrow, flame arrow, magic missile, fireball, lightning, ice storm, black bolt, white bolt, vampiric bolt,, darkness.
e) magic points cost adjusted slightly for fireball (35 instead of 40), lightning (25 instead of 15),.
f) fixed white bolt using the wrong stat to determine effect;
fixed cost in magic points for white being applied twice in separate location, once at the spell and once when it hits.

3) a) spiders as mounts are much more maneuverable than before; charge damage slightly increased.
b) bears and wolves are more maneuverable, but remain especially dangerous to their riders
c) unicorns are slightly more maneuverable as well; slight buff to healing.

4) a) spell_limiter adjust ammunition for each equipped spell according to cost in magic points, as the numbers were no longer accurate
b) script_phantasy_spell_ammo_limiter ?? checking to align with 4a)

c) equip_mages corrected logic where weaker spells would have been preferred by higher tier casters (magic skill 5 or more).
Expect more fireballs and lightning from these.
shield spell inserted at weapons slot 2 proportional to magic skill, with skill 1 giving 1 in 6 chance, skill 2 2 in 6 until 6+ is 100%.

5) Poison pocket bolts shot from the three hand crossbows should work as intended now.

6) noticed an error at menu ship_reembark during cleanup of beached ships. This should no longer generate errors.

7)a) Noticed "I want to help fight the epidemic" menu option showing when Epidemics are toggled to OFF at Phantasy 2024 settings within camp
menu. Adjusted to test at towns and castles correctly if epidemics are disabled in settings before showing the menu.
b) set Epidemics to OFF for new games as a default, so that people who managed to skip reading the 4 part walk through don't immediately post
about problems they could have avoided with a little more training. Since they doubtless won't read this either, it can be our secret (wink).
c) town menu - txt related to epidemics check status of "$g_rigale_epidemics" and skip displaying any epidemic
silently clear any epidemic found when "$g_rigale_epidemics" = 0
d) dialogs: guild master - check status of "$g_rigale_epidemics" before offering to show epidemics

8 a ) Singing arrows now have an effect when they actually hit an agent.
These now will attempt the charm person mage spell, as if the archer was a mage class but with magic skill 1 less.
A class bonus is applied to the effective magic skill: 3 for Bard, 2 for Ranger, 1 for (Barbarian, Necromancer, Monk).
Only one class bonus will apply, and is checked best to least to skip applying a lower bonus where two classes qualify.
After that the equipment worn can de-buff the effective magic skill; after all additions and minuses the effective magic skill needs to be
at least 2 for the spell effect to occur, and the target has a chance to resist magic, comparing the final modified effective magic of the attacker
to the defender's magic resist, exactly as with mage spell casters.
b) added singing arrows to four ways inn merchant @ 9500. These arrows penetrate shields by the way.
They are still sold at a more modest price in the Elven kingdom, if you can find them.

9) mage staves that had a charged proc effect had flaws in their code; this is cleaned up and damage re-tweaked.
For full effect you need to have (at least) the magic skill according to the name of the staff:
gnarled = novice = 1, journeyman = 2, adept = 3, expert = 4, master = 5, archmage = 6
other staves do not have the charged proc, but may silently add to your equipment magic bonus. The above staves are adding, silently,
the above, for damage and radius effect calculations during magic spells; useful trivia.
It is not enough to simply buy something and equip it; you need to be able to handle it correctly to get the proc effect to work.

10) Darkness spell previously only fired an effect when it hit a shield. Now the effect checks for any agent within radius of effect,
even if it hits the ground/wall/etc, making it more useful in sieges. Magic resist applies, either shortening duration or
avoiding the spell effect entirely, after calculating equipment worn scaled bonus/minus effect and applying some randomness to
both attacker and a little more to defender, then comparing the difference in values. Most of magic resist for spell effects works this way.

11) a) re-implemented check for unarmed damage for martial arts
Having no weapon currently weilded enables kicking damage to be treated as martial arts as well.
Kicking while holding a weapon now is handled as well.
b) Monks and rogues take half damage from falling.
c) dodge now includes thrown spells as missiles, while continuing to exclude cleric / paladin summoned weapons and most enchanted weapons.
slight adjust to missile dodge calculations for missiles.
d) damage coming from mounts charging is detected and checked against maneuverability so has a chance to dodge
with the usual modifiers taken into consideration.

12)a) cleaned up more stray text during harvest/gathering summary display for failures.

13) prisoners escaping from player party has been disabled since v158A; they may yet escape from a walled center now.
14) sped up passage of time while waiting on siege towers, ladders to be built, or resting in towns, villages, camp, or training peasants or collecting taxes.

High end mages (magical ability 5 and up) are gimped in A4 r2; they used to get a low tier mage spell in equipment slot 3 and a high tier spell in slot 4, but I saw they always preferred their slot 3 spell so left the low tier spell out when equipping them at agent spawn in the first 1 second of battle. But they use up their 1-2 spell "ammo" almost immediately and when the count hits 0 stop behaving as archers and become infantry due to a rule in formations. The high tier spell does not come back.

I kind of hate to mini-patch so close to a launch.

Paste this .zip directly inside folder phantasy_v160 then "extract here".

Patch Notes v160 A5

1) Mid tier and higher NPC magic users needed a backup spell issued at spawn so that they do not run out of spell ammo quickly during battles.
Fireballs, Lightning Bolt, Slow, and Ice Storm consume too much mana (magic points) to continue throwing every few seconds, and once the
ammunition count reaches 0 the spell is unequipped. Even if mana later would have permitted another ammo count the spell needs re-equip
every so often. This is now done.
changed: mission_templates
equip_mages, equip_mages_siege, timed_mage_spells ln 7009

2) Bards have a larger buff to their effective entertainment skill success at all difficulty levels when choosing music.
Non-Bard debuff for simple and medium complexity play music is 1 instead of 2, giving a slightly better chance of success.

edit: after some hours testing I see 3 error messages when my mage enters four ways inn, but not at battles. These are probably trying to set spells on my player character, which was supposed to be skipped. It's not a fatal mistake but it is annoying. I'll hunt it down tomorrow. Otherwise the patch looks to be improving battles and sieges.

further edit: the caster changes from A5 are solid and working correctly. The error seen at four ways inn is coming from lords returning from exile and/or troops parked at four way inn. I should park some casters there for testing, or possibly a golem and a priest too, other troops seem fine. I tried a large number of mage heavy battles with my necro test char and it looks very solid with A5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom