Let's be honest the multiplayer here is underdone

Users who are viewing this thread

Idk if other posts have been made about this but bannerlord multiplayer is pretty damn shameful.
It's been years, YEARS, and we still have the same stinking 3 maps for tdm, and like 4-5 for siege.
And that wouldn't even be all that bad if the maps weren't full of exploits and glitches, especially on tdm all 3 maps have game breaking glitches that allow people to go inside of walls or other inaccessible places and shoot without being seen or even being at risk of being shot back at. It's ridiculous, almost every match has some guy up in some ridiculous place picking people off all game.

That's not even mentioning how OP cav is in tdm, since you can run away from pretty much any conflict and you cant be countered by proper formations. So long as you avoid people with spears you have to be stupid to die as cav, making cav factions like Vlandia and Khuzait very strong.
Vlandia specifically has very good archers as well as the best infantry and cav.

I mean come on guys, its been ages and the only update mp has gotten is friendlyfire for melee? This is shameful. They need to fix their maps and balance the damn game.

Also, you can spam cavalry using looter perk which make TDM experience misearable. You have to be pretty bad to die as cav at all, and even me as a terrible cav can rack dozen of kills.

FF was neat update, still need some finetuning, but was step in good direction.

What crybabies, at least you have servers, others we can't even play because of the ping since they never created servers for other regions... but even so I'm still top rank 40 in captain mode, keep your promises Taleworlds

What crybabies, at least you have servers, others we can't even play because of the ping since they never created servers for other regions... but even so I'm still top rank 40 in captain mode, keep your promises Taleworlds
Bro flexed a top 40 followed by a flex of captain mode

There are players in multiplayer who have minimized their character size, they seem to run faster than larger sized characters. There are players who can swing their two handed weapon faster than one handed axe or sword or can block hits easily from lef or right.

There are players in multiplayer who have minimized their character size, they seem to run faster than larger sized characters. There are players who can swing their two handed weapon faster than one handed axe or sword or can block hits easily from lef or right.
THERE ARE NO CHEATERS!1!

Those who play small chars like that trade difficulty to hit for less reach. Tall is still generally the meta.
They aren't faster they just use a faster class or put their weapons away.
There's somewhat exploity stuff and skill that can make a weapon swing faster.
Actual cheats don't do these things and focus on auto blockers and radar etc.

A reset to the overhaul ranking system would be great too! Skirmish and Captain are the main modes, they should have a more balanced and polished feel. As of right now, they are... tolerable but definetly not fun to play, specially for new players... that have no chance against more experienced ones.

Those who play small chars like that trade difficulty to hit for less reach. Tall is still generally the meta.
Yep, character size in multiplayer is abused imo. Especially ultra-big and ultra-small ones.

Sheat, drop weapon. Kinda lame tactic, but again not a cheat.

It's skill issue, not actual cheat.

Yep, autoblock is a cheat.

Yes and ballistas can operated without standing behind them, from safe place from left or right. This glitch have been around years. Tell more about auto blockers and radars etc. Just want to know what kind of "help" there are available for these worms who can't play.

Yes and ballistas can operated without standing behind them, from safe place from left or right. This glitch have been around years. Tell more about auto blockers and radars etc. Just want to know what kind of "help" there are available for these worms who can't play.
I hate ballistas even without the glitch.
These cheats are ok from what I've seen but being skillful is far better.

Underdone is an understatement, multi-player is in a dire state, the only people still playing are sweats and hackers. I couldn't imagine how awful an experience it must be to play multi-player for the first time as someone who is new to Mount & Blade, they'd switch off after one game. Putting aside the blatant autoblocking, map exploits, attack scripts, and radar, the balance of multi-player is still fundamentally broken, 4 years later.

In TDM and Siege, Vlandia still rules the roost, it is too easy to abuse the peasants looter perk and save up enough gold for unlimited waves of Sergeants and Knights. And if they are somehow struggling for cash they'll just scavenge big two-handers off the ground and run around at blazing speed as the peasant (fastest class in the game) and one-shot you before you can even get a swing in, that is if they don't backstep out of the way of your swing because they're so ****ing fast. Couple that with the Crossbow classes and you have the best economy in MP, best shock troop in MP, best ranged in MP, and best cav in MP, Vlandia are a nightmare to fight. Oh and you WILL be fighting them, over and over again, because MP is dominated by the BRE clan, a group of French role-players who obsess over Vlandia and force them into every single game. They even use their voting power to force Sturgia as their opponent because Sturgia has exactly one blunt anti-armour weapon and that's the two-handed maul, making them the weakest faction against Vlandia. This'd be an easy fix if Taleworlds just made it so that you can't have the same faction twice in a row, but they ignorantly turn their heads and do nothing about it. It's so incredibly boring, I want to play something different, not fight the same broken faction time and time again because Pierre and Louis get their rocks off to pretending they're crusaders.

I should clarify I'm referring specifically to TDM and Siege here, I can't speak for Captain because it's impossible to find a game, and I don't play duel due to the aforementioned hacking problem. But of course there is no hacking problem is there? If the people in my games are to be believed, it's all in my head when I see a guy deftly blocking every attack from 5 men with a sickle before slaughtering the lot of them. Gaslighting. It's another huge problem.

We are parched for new content, but honestly even if they did add new maps they'd just be full of exploits and balance issues like the original lot, and the cycle of abuse by sweats and cheaters would continue. I'd prefer Taleworlds to actually prove they care about map balance, player balance, and patching bugs and exploits before anything new comes out, but alas they're totally silent and clearly regretting adding MP in the first place. Such a shame, when they were showing MP off before release all those years ago I could see the potential for a really great experience, such a huge shame.

Inappropriate behavior
What is your ingame name? I'm what you would call a sweat, I've repeatedly been accused of cheating and it's always by the dumbest, slowest mongoloids. It's extremely easy to survive 5 utterly retarded noobs and there is no need to "block every attack from them" because 9/10ths of their stupid, flailing spastic zombie attacks are either into empty air or each other. It's not gaslighting, you are literally too dumb to conceive of it because you clearly can't do it yourself.

Been playing since Warband and there is not a single player I've ever run into in the pub servers that I'd accuse of cheating. Have you considered that maybe you are just extremely bad?

What is your ingame name? I'm what you would call a sweat, I've repeatedly been accused of cheating and it's always by the dumbest, slowest mongoloids. It's extremely easy to survive 5 utterly retarded noobs and there is no need to "block every attack from them" because 9/10ths of their stupid, flailing spastic zombie attacks are either into empty air or each other. It's not gaslighting, you are literally too dumb to conceive of it because you clearly can't do it yourself.

Been playing since Warband and there is not a single player I've ever run into in the pub servers that I'd accuse of cheating. Have you considered that maybe you are just extremely bad?
What's with the hostility? You're delusional if you think there aren't players hacking in this game, take a look for yourself on that 'specific Russian forum' and you'll find plenty of easy cheats that Battleye doesn't catch. I do just fine in multiplayer, I spend most of my time grousing because my team spam side attacks and do a better job of killing each other than the enemy does. You're clearly pressed because you've had a lot of accusations thrown your way, and for what it's worth I have encountered you before and never thought you were cheating, so please do calm the **** down. But yes, there are plenty of auto-blockers in use, you help nobody but the hackers themselves by denying that fact.

But I regularly top the servers, and the others who are clearly better than me or also regularly top the server are people who I've come to know as far as playstyles. Not a single one of them is cheating. You'd think these hackers would be constantly owning literally everyone, no?

I'm hostile because I see constant, constant accusations in chat not only of me but of people who clearly and obviously aren't cheating, to the point it's apparently a well known fact that hacking and cheating is rampant. Like I said, I have yet to see a single person accused that I didn't immediately think was just the butthurt of some terrible, terrible retard, and then I look at the scoreboard and lo and behold the accuser is some 1-5 k/d idiot who is utterly abysmal at the game and doesn't understand the first thing about the mechanics beyond spamming like he's Pacman

I don't find it impossible to 1 vs 5 and come out on top precisely because I also see the horde of 75 iq zombies in my own team. There are people who have hundreds of hours who still spam 5 attacks into empty air while chasing a single guy and just keep relentlessly spamming, or even worse hold a single attack ready and slowly waddle over, like they haven't yet understood attacking and preparing attacks makes you move slower (amazingly, they haven't, and even when told repeatedly will still not modify their animalistic empty air rage spamming in the slightest).

Okay cool, that's your subjective experience, and doesn't negate what other people are experiencing when playing the game. To so confidently state there are no hackers in this game just because you haven't encountered any, doesn't mean there aren't any. I regularly top servers too, but I do notice hackers, I have literally been to the websites that host these cheats and seen for myself what's on offer. There isn't a single online multiplayer game that doesn't have hackers, that isn't totally dead at least. Don't take your anger on being falsely accused out on me or anyone else, just mute the accuser and play on. You're not going to get banned for doing nothing wrong. This thread is for lamenting Taleworlds seeming refusal to do anything about the problem, as well as the raft of other problems highlighted above.

Back
Top Bottom