In Progress Special weapon order quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Special weapon order quest doesn't consider companion smith skill as alternative option like other quests. It also doesn't specify minimum smithing skill requirement.
How to Reproduce: Settlements Gang leader quest "Special weapon order"
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): https://steamcommunity.com/id/LeoKai/screenshot/2264810342741361351/
GPU: Nvidia geforce rtx 3050
GPU Driver Version: 546.17
CPU: amd ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: b550m mortar
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ssd

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I'm running into this issue as well. My game version is: v1.2.9.34019

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to a settlement where a gang leader has "Special Weapon Order" mission available.
2. Talk to said NPC (click "I heard you may need some help with a problem.")
3. The NPC responds with "I don't think you can help me. You need to have some experience in Smithing..."

My hero character has 23 smithing skill, but apparently this mission requires 30 or more.

Some possible fixes I can think of:
- Skill requirement could be made clearer to the player
- Special weapon order mission can be made unavailable until player reaches smithing level 30.
- The mission can take companions' smithing skills into account as well, and if there is somebody above level 30, allow the quest to be taken.

Back
Top Bottom